Written by Paul Boag. Designed by Veerle Pieters.
248 pages. 14 × 21 cm (5.5 × 8.25 inches)
Quality hardcover with stitched binding and a ribbon page marker
Many companies try to create a great experience for customers. But few are willing to make the changes required to deliver on that promise. In fact most don’t even realize just how bad their experience can be.
Do you feel like the only person at your company who understands what a huge competitive advantage a good user experience provides? Are you frustrated that your management team doesn’t see the value of creating great user experiences? Do you struggle to convince colleagues to approach projects from a users perspective?
WHY THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU
This book is for anybody passionate about user experience, but who is in a company that needs an extra push. You might be a designer, marketer, content specialist or any one of many jobs concerned about user experience.
You don’t need to be a manager, although you might be. You don’t need to be an expert in user experience. You just need a willingness to challenge the way your company does things and be relentless at putting the user first.
THIS BOOK WILL:
- Encourage you to break out of your comfort zone and start influencing the full scope of the user experience.
- Teach you how to articulate the benefits of user-centric thinking efficiently.
- Guide you through the process of building a grassroots movement within your company — a movement that will advocate the needs of your users.
- Provide practical ways you can raise the profile of the user within your organization.
- Help you find and build a proof of concepts to sell the benefits of a user-centric approach.
- Show you how to get management interested in user experience, and gain their support.
- Identify ways of embedding user-centric methodologies into the culture of the company.
“I’m currently reading the User Experience Revolution book and I absolutely like it because of the strategic thinking, and its excellent examples.”
Norbert Boros, Smashing Magazine Reader